Lyrics: B+. They're nothing special, but still meaningful. The guest appearance by Lupe Fiasco does nothing but help this song in the right direction. Its a special love song to his city, Glenview and about having love for it no matter what. A song I can relate to, seeing as I love my own city in spite of all its flaws.
Vocals: A+. Patrick has a truly amazing voice and this song shows it off like its nobody's business. End of story.
Beat/Melody: B. Its solid. Slightly catchy, but kinda bland in some parts.
My verdict on the song: Pretty good. I'm a former Fall Out Boy fan, sticking around mainly because of this man's amazing vocals. He's got an amazing range and this song shows it. It has a bit of a FOB feel to it, while still having its own original flavor. The version without Fiasco is a little more bland, but still worth a listen.
Beat/Melody: B. Its solid. Slightly catchy, but kinda bland in some parts.
My verdict on the song: Pretty good. I'm a former Fall Out Boy fan, sticking around mainly because of this man's amazing vocals. He's got an amazing range and this song shows it. It has a bit of a FOB feel to it, while still having its own original flavor. The version without Fiasco is a little more bland, but still worth a listen.
No comments:
Post a Comment